Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Scholastica is a journal management product used in various disciplines, and it enables authors to submit manuscripts to multiple publications at a time. More than 500 law reviews accept submissions via Scholastica, and the current list can be viewed by going to https://app.scholasticahq.com/journals and selecting "Law Reviews" from the "Currently displaying" dropdown menu. From this alphabetized list, click "Read more" to view additional information about a particular law review, such as publishing timelines, contact information, and links to the publication's website.
To see the list of law reviews that are currently accepting submissions through Scholastica, go to https://scholasticahq.com/law-review-submission-season-hq and search or browse through the list. Click on the "Open?" column heading to change the display to those law reviews that are not currently accepting submissions.
How to Use Scholastica
1. If you already have an individual Scholastica account associated with the Law School, g
o to https://app.scholasticahq.com/login
to log in. If you cannot remember your password, click the "Forgot password?" link and follow the prompts.
2. Once logged in, you can submit a manuscript, edit your profile, browse journals and recently published articles, view social posts tailored to your interests, and view any notifications you may have.
1. If you do not already have an individual account associated with the Law School, go to https://app.scholasticahq.com/login
and click the "I need to sign up button" under "Don't have an account?"
2. Fill out your profile and account information. You must use your University of Michigan email address to be recognized under the Law School institutional account. Click the "Signup" button when finished.
3. You should then receive a confirmation email. Click the "Confirm my account" button in the email, and you will be taken to your account page within Scholastica, where you can submit a manuscript, edit your profile, browse journals and recently published articles, view social posts tailored to your interests, and view any notifications you may have.
4. As a final step, email Jessica Pasquale (email@example.com) to request that your individual account be added to the Law School's institutional account. Once you receive a confirmation email indicating that this has been done, you may begin using the service to submit manuscripts.
1. Once logged into your Scholastica account, click the "Submit a manuscript" button near the top of the page, which will bring you to the first step in the submission process: selecting law reviews.
2. If you only wish to submit your manuscript to one law review, search for or scroll to that title and click on it. To limit the list of journals to law reviews, select "Law Reviews" from the "Currently displaying" dropdown menu.
Clicking on the title will bring you to another page, where you will need to click the red "Submit Manuscript" button. This will generate a confirmation alert, which you must close to proceed.
If you would like to submit your manuscript to multiple law reviews at once, click the red "Go to submission pool" button to the right of the search box.
Scroll through the list of journals or use the search function to locate specific titles. To make selections, click the covers of those journals to which you would like to submit your manuscript.
3. When finished making your selections, click the "Next Step" button to proceed to the "Manuscript form".
Required fields on the form are indicated with asterisks, and Scholastica requires authors to upload both the manuscript and a CV as doc, docx, or pdf files. Additional sound, video, and/or image files may also be uploaded. Click the "Next Step" button when finished.
4. Carefully review your submission information and associated files. The cost of your submission(s) will also display on this page, but as long as your account has been successfully associated with the Law School's institutional account, you should not have to enter any payment information. Contact Jessica Pasquale (firstname.lastname@example.org
) if you are prompted to do so.
Once you have verified that the information you entered is correct, click the "Submit" button to complete your submission.
For an overview of how to use the Discussions feature to review and manage your submissions within Scholastica, consult the Communicating with a Journal
section of the Guide for Law Authors.
Who pays for this?
The Law School has a faculty-only institutional account with Scholastica. Each time you submit through Scholastica, the Law School institutional account is charged, and the Law School takes the funds from your faculty Cook Account. If you do not have a faculty Cook Account or other similar research funds, you will receive a bill from the Law School.
How often can I submit articles?
You may submit through Scholastica as many times or as frequently as you choose. If you exceed the funds in your faculty Cook Account or other research funds, you will receive a bill from the Law School for the additional amount.
If you have any questions regarding Scholastica, please contact Jessica Pasquale at email@example.com.