Skip to Main Content
- "The Magic of Freedom." In 20th Century Comparative and Conflicts Law--Legal Essays in Honor of Hessel E. Yntema, 453–62. Leiden, The Netherlands: A. W. Sythoff, 1961.
- "The Constitutional and Legislative Status of National Trade Union (Labor) Organizations." Am. J. Comp. L. Supplement 26 (1978): 349–58. (Law in the U.S.A. in the Bicentennial Era.)
- "Status of the Hague Conventions on Private International Law." Am. J. Comp. L. 23, no. 2 (1975): 380–7.
- "Abuse of Rights in France, Germany, and Switzerland: A Survey of a Recent Chapter in Legal Doctrine." La. L. Rev. 35, no. 5 (1975): 1015–36.
- "Equity in Judicial Interpretation: A Comparative Essay." Revista del Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico 34, no. 2 (1973): 205–26.
- "The Contract of Adhesion: A Comparison of Theory and Practice." Am. J. Comp. L. 20, no. 1 (1972): 53–78.
- "The American Journal of Comparative Law 1952-1966." Am. J. Comp. L. 15 (1966-1967): 595–6.
- "The Present Function of the Maxim Ignorantia Iuris Neminem Excusat: A Comparative Study." Iowa L. Rev. 52, no. 4 (1966): 626–56.
- "L'intérêt général dans la théorie et dans la pratique." Revue internationale de droit comparé 17, no. 2 (1965 ): 329–63.
- "The Public Interest: A Jurisprudential and Comparative Overview of the Symposium on Fundamental Concepts of Public Law." J. Pub. L. 12, no. 1 (1963): 13–52.
- "The Magic of Property and Public Welfare." Inter-Am. L. Rev. 2 (1960): 283–98.
- "The Concept of Public Welfare: An Historical-Comparative Essay." Am. J. Comp. L. 8, no. 1 (1959): 44–71.
- "Comparative Law in Legal Education." N.Y. L.F. 1, no. 4 (1955): 389–405.
- "Why No Trusts in the Civil Law?" Am. J. Comp. L. 2, no. 2 (1953): 204–19.
- "Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation: Types and Trends." Am. J. Comp. L. 2, no. 4 (1953 ): 515–23.
- Review of Law and Conflict. A Sociological Study of Private Legal Conflicts in Mexico, by V. Gessner. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 11 (1978): 11–3.
- Review of The Negative Conflict of Jurisdictions in Private International Law, by E. Milleker. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 10 (1977): 36.
- Review of Discretionary Justice in Europe and America, by K. C. Davis. Tol. L. Rev. 8, no. 2 ( 1977): 579-85.
- Review of Equity in the World's Legal Systems: A Comparative Study, by A. Newman. Am. J. Comp. L. 24, no. 3 (1976): 540-3.
- Review of Enrichment and Error, by H. Koch. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 9 (1976): 143.
- Review of Contracts and Extracontractual Liability, by P. Schlechtriem. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 7 (1974): 158–60.
- Review of Introduction to Comparative Law, by K. Zweigert and H. Kotz. H. Silberberg, co-author. Am. J. Comp. L. 21 (1973): 772-85. (Professor Bolgár's review appears on p. 782-5.)
- Review of Freedom of Choice in Contracts, by M. Wolf. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 6 (1973): 46–8.
- Review of Customs and Usages of Trade as Applied in Contracts: A Comparative Contribution to the Interpretation of Contracts and to the Theory on the Sources of Law, by H. Sonnenberger. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 5 (1972): 53–5.
- Review of Roman Law: Linguistic, Social, and Philosophical Aspects, by D. Daube. Am. J. Comp. L. 17, no. 4 (1969): 674–8.
- Review of Festellung und Garabtie, by F. Kubler. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 2, no. 1 (1969 ): 43–6.
- Review of Die Stellung der Studenten in der Universität [The Position of Students in the University], by W. Geck by H. Rupp and Promotionsordnungen und Grundgesetz [Regulations of Promotion under the Constitution], by W. Geck. Am. J. Comp. L. 17, no. 3 (1969): 469–76.
- Review of Reflexschäden und Regressrechte, by W. von Bieberstein. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 1 (1968): 162–3.
- Review of Law Books Recommended for Libraries, by F. Rothman, editor. Am. J. Comp. L. 16, no. 4 (1968): 644–5.
- Review of Bibliographical Introduction to Legal History and Legal Ethnology, by J. Gilissen, editor. Am. J. Comp. L. 16, no. 3 (1968): 454–5.
- Review of Law in Japan. An Annual. Am. J. Comp. L. 15, no. 3 (1966-1967): 591–3.
- Review of GmbH--German Law Concerning the Companies with Limited Liability. Am. J. Comp. L. 15, no. 3 (1966-1967): 597–8.
- Review of Bibliographical Introduction to Legal History and Legal Ethnology, by J. Gilissen, editor. Am. J. Comp. L. 15, no. 3 (1966-1967): 595–6.
- Review of Casos y Notas de Derechos Reales, by M. R. Ramos. Revista jurdídica de la Universidad Interamericana de Puerto Rico 33, no. 2 (1964): 311–8.
- Review of José Puig Brutau: Fundamentos de Derecho Civil, vol. 1-3. Revista jurdídica de la Universidad Interamericana de Puerto Rico 29, no. 4 (1960): 368–72.
- "Recent Developments in the United States in Contracts of Adhesion." United States National Report (prepared for Eighth International Conference of Comparative Law, Pescara, Italy). 1970.
- Introduction to The Law of Negotiable Instruments (Bills of Exchange) in the Americas, by H. E. Yntema and R. Batiza, co-authors, vol. 1, x–xxii. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Law School, 1969.