Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- "The Magic of Freedom." In 20th Century Comparative and Conflicts Law--Legal Essays in Honor of Hessel E. Yntema, 453–62. Leiden, The Netherlands: A. W. Sythoff, 1961.
- "The Constitutional and Legislative Status of National Trade Union (Labor) Organizations." Am. J. Comp. L. Supplement 26 (1978): 349–58. (Law in the U.S.A. in the Bicentennial Era.)
- "Status of the Hague Conventions on Private International Law." Am. J. Comp. L. 23, no. 2 (1975): 380–7.
- "Abuse of Rights in France, Germany, and Switzerland: A Survey of a Recent Chapter in Legal Doctrine." La. L. Rev. 35, no. 5 (1975): 1015–36.
- "Equity in Judicial Interpretation: A Comparative Essay." Revista del Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico 34, no. 2 (1973): 205–26.
- "The Contract of Adhesion: A Comparison of Theory and Practice." Am. J. Comp. L. 20, no. 1 (1972): 53–78.
- "The American Journal of Comparative Law 1952-1966." Am. J. Comp. L. 15 (1966-1967): 595–6.
- "The Present Function of the Maxim Ignorantia Iuris Neminem Excusat: A Comparative Study." Iowa L. Rev. 52, no. 4 (1966): 626–56.
- "L'intérêt général dans la théorie et dans la pratique." Revue internationale de droit comparé 17, no. 2 (1965 ): 329–63.
- "The Public Interest: A Jurisprudential and Comparative Overview of the Symposium on Fundamental Concepts of Public Law." J. Pub. L. 12, no. 1 (1963): 13–52.
- "The Magic of Property and Public Welfare." Inter-Am. L. Rev. 2 (1960): 283–98.
- "The Concept of Public Welfare: An Historical-Comparative Essay." Am. J. Comp. L. 8, no. 1 (1959): 44–71.
- "Comparative Law in Legal Education." N.Y. L.F. 1, no. 4 (1955): 389–405.
- "Why No Trusts in the Civil Law?" Am. J. Comp. L. 2, no. 2 (1953): 204–19.
- "Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation: Types and Trends." Am. J. Comp. L. 2, no. 4 (1953 ): 515–23.
- Review of Law and Conflict. A Sociological Study of Private Legal Conflicts in Mexico, by V. Gessner. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 11 (1978): 11–3.
- Review of The Negative Conflict of Jurisdictions in Private International Law, by E. Milleker. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 10 (1977): 36.
- Review of Discretionary Justice in Europe and America, by K. C. Davis. Tol. L. Rev. 8, no. 2 ( 1977): 579-85.
- Review of Equity in the World's Legal Systems: A Comparative Study, by A. Newman. Am. J. Comp. L. 24, no. 3 (1976): 540-3.
- Review of Enrichment and Error, by H. Koch. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 9 (1976): 143.
- Review of Contracts and Extracontractual Liability, by P. Schlechtriem. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 7 (1974): 158–60.
- Review of Introduction to Comparative Law, by K. Zweigert and H. Kotz. H. Silberberg, co-author. Am. J. Comp. L. 21 (1973): 772-85. (Professor Bolgár's review appears on p. 782-5.)
- Review of Freedom of Choice in Contracts, by M. Wolf. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 6 (1973): 46–8.
- Review of Customs and Usages of Trade as Applied in Contracts: A Comparative Contribution to the Interpretation of Contracts and to the Theory on the Sources of Law, by H. Sonnenberger. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 5 (1972): 53–5.
- Review of Roman Law: Linguistic, Social, and Philosophical Aspects, by D. Daube. Am. J. Comp. L. 17, no. 4 (1969): 674–8.
- Review of Festellung und Garabtie, by F. Kubler. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 2, no. 1 (1969 ): 43–6.
- Review of Die Stellung der Studenten in der Universität [The Position of Students in the University], by W. Geck by H. Rupp and Promotionsordnungen und Grundgesetz [Regulations of Promotion under the Constitution], by W. Geck. Am. J. Comp. L. 17, no. 3 (1969): 469–76.
- Review of Reflexschäden und Regressrechte, by W. von Bieberstein. Mod. L. & Soc'y (Tubingen, Germany) 1 (1968): 162–3.
- Review of Law Books Recommended for Libraries, by F. Rothman, editor. Am. J. Comp. L. 16, no. 4 (1968): 644–5.
- Review of Bibliographical Introduction to Legal History and Legal Ethnology, by J. Gilissen, editor. Am. J. Comp. L. 16, no. 3 (1968): 454–5.
- Review of Law in Japan. An Annual. Am. J. Comp. L. 15, no. 3 (1966-1967): 591–3.
- Review of GmbH--German Law Concerning the Companies with Limited Liability. Am. J. Comp. L. 15, no. 3 (1966-1967): 597–8.
- Review of Bibliographical Introduction to Legal History and Legal Ethnology, by J. Gilissen, editor. Am. J. Comp. L. 15, no. 3 (1966-1967): 595–6.
- Review of Casos y Notas de Derechos Reales, by M. R. Ramos. Revista jurdídica de la Universidad Interamericana de Puerto Rico 33, no. 2 (1964): 311–8.
- Review of José Puig Brutau: Fundamentos de Derecho Civil, vol. 1-3. Revista jurdídica de la Universidad Interamericana de Puerto Rico 29, no. 4 (1960): 368–72.
- "Recent Developments in the United States in Contracts of Adhesion." United States National Report (prepared for Eighth International Conference of Comparative Law, Pescara, Italy). 1970.
- Introduction to The Law of Negotiable Instruments (Bills of Exchange) in the Americas, by H. E. Yntema and R. Batiza, co-authors, vol. 1, x–xxii. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Law School, 1969.