These PDF documents can be helpful for journal members and editors.
Finding Library Materials
- Log in to the Law Library Catalog to request Law Library books be delivered to a Carrel (and/or have pages scanned).
- Log in to the Mirlyn Classic Catalog to use "Get This" and have books in the Mirlyn catalog pulled from other campus libraries and held for you to pick up at the Hatcher Graduate Library. Books in the Kresge Business Library Catalog will have to be retrieved directly from Kresge's shelves.
- Log in to the Law Library's Interlibrary Loan to obtain books and articles not available on the U of M campus.
Setting Up Library Accounts and Journal Carrels
The Circulation Desk will set up Library Accounts (including ILL) and Journal Carrels in our computer system Monday-Friday between 8am and 5pm. Please allow two business days to set up your account. You will need a library account to use ILL, Request Items or check out books.
To set up an account and carrel, Article Editors must:
- Decide which carrel you will use for each article. We do not choose for you.
- Submit a Carrel Application to the Circulation Desk.
- Be sure to include the email address of the editor in charge of library notices. We will send emails to this address regarding your library accounts.
To request to have a carrel cleared, you should also use the Carrel Application form. You can note the carrels to clear in the instructions box at the bottom.
Please remember to:
- Check books out to the assigned Article carrel using the Self-Check Out on Sub-3 or at the Circulation Desk on Sub-2.
- Keep checked out books in the assigned Article carrel. Law Library books cannot leave the building (this also includes interlibrary loan books).
- Return unbound (soft-backed) journals to be shelved. These do not have barcodes and cannot be checked out. We can scan an article on your behalf.
Librarians are available for research consultations Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm (and until 6pm Mon-Wed). Some Sunday appointments may also be available during the school year.
Email email@example.com to set up an appointment.
Visit Us at the Reference Desk on Sub-1 for immediate in-person assistance. 9 AM to midnight 7 days a week.*
Call Us at the Reference Desk at 734-764-9324. 9 AM to midnight 7 days a week.*
Chat With Us 9 AM to midnight 7 days a week.*
Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Staffed 9 AM to midnight 7 days a week.*
*Excluding University holidays and semester breaks--check library hours during these times.